CrytpZone Token Watch - Power Ledger (POWR)


Some I'm connected with may have heard me mention Power Ledger (POWR) in the past and the story I tell.  If you have not, then let's get started

Ive had an interest in renewable energy for most of my life, I'd say going back to the late 70's or early 80's.  Today, I even work do some work for a nonprofit in the energy efficiency space.  So when I say blockchain technology getting applied to renewable energy and energy distribution, it was certainly of interest to me.  Over the summer of 2017, I began hearing about this project and their ICO.  I lost track of the project for a bit and missed out on the ICO, but began investing and trading POWR the day it got listed on one of the exchanges I use for crypto trading.

So what is Power Ledger?

You can find a broad overview of Power Ledger here, but in general:

Power Ledger is the world leading peer-to-peer marketplace for renewable energy. Using blockchain technology, the platform provides a transparent, audit-able and automated market trading and clearing mechanism for residential and commercial businesses to decide who they sell their surplus energy to and at what price.


Beyond it being a utility token and blockchain application in a space that I was already interested in, to be on my watch list for 2018, it met some of my criteria to be included.

  • Clear utility/application of the project and a clearly defined problem it's trying to solve
  • A project that is actively marketing their project and building partnerships for the application of the project.
To the second point of the criteria list (among many criteria I have), POWR has been continuing to build relationships to grow adoption.  POWR had been successful at growing its adoption in Australia and New Zealand based renewable projects, but it was the recent news that Power Ledger and U.S. based clean energy not-for-profit Helpanswers had announced an agreement to bring peer-to-peer renewable energy trading to North America.


I don't want to fail to mention that POWR had also generated a pretty impressive returns for me in the trades that I had done shortly after it got listed.  Gain upward of 150% on two separate trades and I'll that 150% returns any day.




Articles Cited in this post


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Cryptocurrency Value Investing

Is It Time for a New Cryptocurrency Trading Strategy?

Crypto Projects to Watch 2/18